I have a love affair with these cookies. And so does everyone who tries them because they're just the right amount of soft, chewy, crumbly and sweet.
It's kinda hard to believe they're free from nuts, gluten, dairy AND refined sugar yet they taste so damned good. Perfect for the kiddies lunch box and pretty much any occasion. ;.)
Yes, there are a few steps to make them but it is SO worth it.
100g coconut oil, melted
150g coconut sugar
1 flax egg (mix 1 tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp water)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
75g quinoa flour
75g gluten free self raising flour
100g dairy free chocolate chips
Here's what you do...
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius and line a baking sheet with paper.
2. Whisk coconut oil and coconut sugar together in your food processor, blender or Thermomix until creamy.
3. Add flax egg, vanilla and salt and then mix until smooth.
4. While the applicance is still running, slowly add the flowers until well combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon or on reverse if using a Thermomix.
6. Cover your cookie dough and chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
7. Remove dough from fridge, scoop spoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake for 20-25 mins until a slight crust has formed but the cookies are still a little soft.
8. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Hey, if you liked this recipe then don't be shy... share the love! Hit like on the way through or share with a friend so we can spread the whole-food word together. Thank you. Kirsty x