This is my all time fave chocolate recipe, inspired by the beautiful Jo at Quirky Cooking. I created my own twist on the recipe to make it gentler on my digestive system while I was healing from SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth). I've made this in the Thermomix but you could easily adapt the recipe if you don't have one.
200g raw almonds
Zest of 1 orange
1 cinnamon quill
1 vanilla bean
200g raw cacao butter
60g raw honey
40g cacao powder
A pinch of fine Himalayan salt
Here's what you do...
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside
2. Place almonds in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Transfer onto prepared baking tray.
3. Place orange zest, cinnamon quill and vanilla bean into mixing bowl and mill 5 sec, speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and repeat process if needed until the mixture has turned to powder. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
4. Place cacao butter into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then melt 10 min/37 degrees/speed 2.
5. Add reserved powder and cook 10 min/37 degrees/speed 1.
6. Add honey, cacao powder and salt and cook 10 min/37 degrees/speed 1, then blend 1 min/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Immediately, pour mixture over chopped almonds on baking tray then place carefully in freezer for 30 minutes to set. Once set, break or cut into shards to serve.
Hey, if you liked this recipe then don't be shy... share the love! Hit like on the way through or share with a friend so we can spread the whole-food word together. Thank you. Kirsty x