These quiches are super tasty and make your midweek meals really easy. Whip them up on the weekend and then all you need to do is re-heat one in the morning for breakfast. Add some stir-fried greens, salad or sliced avocado and you have a complete meal. Yum! They're also great served cold in kid's lunch boxes, This recipe will make 12 quiches.
4 rashers bacon, diced
1 tsp oil
1 cup almond milk (or rice milk for nut free, but it is not paleo or SIBO friendly)
3 spring onions, sliced
50g parmesan, grated
12 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
¼ tsp fine Himalayan salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
Here's what you do...
1. Preheat the oven to 180.
2. Line a muffin tin with 12 cases (I like reusable silicone cases best) or grease the holes with oil.
3. Fry the bacon until it’s just cooked.
4. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl.
5. Add the remaining ingredients, including the cooked bacon and mix well.
6. Ladle the mixture into the 12 muffin cases, and bake at 180 for 25 – 30 minutes.
Parmesan, although not dairy free, is lower in lactose than most cheeses and can often be a good alternative for those with lactose intolerance, and can usually be more easily digested when treating SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth) too. However, it is important to note that every body is different, and that you should determine what works best for you.
Hey, if you liked this recipe then don't be shy... share the love! Hit like on the way through or share with a friend so we can spread the whole-food word together. Thank you. Kirsty x