These brownies took a bit of perfecting and it was soooooo worth it. Gooey, chocolatey and oh so delicious. They taste kinda naughty and decadent but I say they’re guilt free. No gluten, refined sugar or grains, they’re paleo, and can be made dairy free too.
For a lunch box friendly, nut free version, simply leave out the walnuts.
25g cacao powder
55g banana flour
100g dairy free chocolate, chopped (I like this one, available from most health food stores)
125g coconut sugar
150g ghee or coconut oil, melted
½ tsp fine Himalayan salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
125g roughly chopped walnuts (you can leave these out of you prefer)
Here's what you do...
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
3. Mix everything apart from the eggs and walnuts together in your food processor, blender or Thermomix.
4. While the appliance is still running, slowly pour in the eggs.
5. Add the walnuts and stir through by hand or on reverse if using a Thermomix.
6. Pour your brownie mixture into a lined slice tin and bake for 20 minutes. The brownie should still be a little gooey but also firm with a slight crust on top.
Hey, if you liked this recipe then don't be shy... share the love! Hit like on the way through or share with a friend so we can spread the whole-food word together. Thank you. Kirsty x