For years, this recipe has been loved by all that try it. The beauty is, it's so simple to make and you can tweak it depending on what you have available. My husband even says it's better than that cherry ripe bar you may have had in the shiny red wrapper ;) And, let's face it - it's certainly healthier!
180g dried dates
150g desiccated coconut
1 heaped tbsp cacao powder
60g dried berries, cherries or fruit of your choice (I used 20g each of sour cherries, cranberries and goji berries)
75g melted coconut oil
1 tbsp each of goji berries, pepitas and shredded coconut
Here's what you do...
1. Blitz all the ingredients together in your food processor, high speed blender or Thermomix until combined and smooth.
2. Press firmly into a slice tin (approx 30cm x 30cm) lined with baking paper.
3. Set aside while you prepare the topping.
4. Melt your 150g of chocolate in a double boiler OR make up a batch of My Delicious Dairy Free Raw Chocolate.
5. Pour all your melted chocolate OR about a third of My Delicious Dairy Free Raw Chocolate over the slice base.
6. Roughly chop the pepitas and goji berries, mix with the shredded coconut and sprinkle over the chocolate.
7. Allow to set in the freezer for approximately 1 hour then cut into slices and enjoy!
Hey, if you liked this recipe then don't be shy... share the love! Hit like on the way through or share with a friend so we can spread the whole-food word together. Thank you. Kirsty x